Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Feet Don't Fail Me Now!

Is there such a thing as restless feet syndrome? I remember a day when people didn't believe PMS existed. Now, many people don't believe that fibromyalgia or restless leg syndrome exist. I believe that they do, in fact, exist.

The strangest thing is happening with my feet. I tried to google the symptoms, but there isn't a succinct way to describe them. My feet don't hurt, but they feel like they need constant pressure on top of them. I rub them together all the time. The need is so intense when I go to bed that it can keep me awake. It is agonizing, not painful, and very strange.

I feel like a grasshopper rubbing his legs together. The tops of my feet are the only areas that feel this way. My feet don't twitch or move by themselves, as is the case with the information regarding restless leg/feet syndrome. I just need that pressure and touch to relax.

I looked up reflexology to see if maybe my nerve endings in my feet were masking a problem elsewhere in my body. The sections that need this pressure refer to the back, according to the reflexology chart I found online. I have no back problems that I know of. In fact, almost everyone I know has back problems, but I never have (knock on wood.)

If anyone out there has any clue to my strangeness, please advise!

No comments: